2011-09-17

Pilatus PC-12

STMA PC-12

This Pilatus PC-12 is a nice aircraft which is easy to fly, but still complex enough to make it interesting to learn to use to its full capabilities. It's made like this on purpose which I like.

The exterior is well made, with several good and interesting schemes (but as usual I settle on one and delete the other ones (this happens to be a Russian, but why not use it all over the world anyway?)).


Parked at Bremerton National
A well made cockpit is very important and in this case it really is. There is a provision to enlarge some items to make them more legible which I appreciate as I use a rather large resolution (three screens) but don't quite have to use anyway. At least not most of the time.
In some cases it's necessary to read the manual (unless you know the real aircraft well?). I'm thinking of reverse and engine shut down in particular and also the autopilot functions aren't X-Plane default. Both from these things and from how it handles you get the impression this one's made by someone who is familiar with the real PC-12. I'm not, but I'm with some other types and I know the STMA team includes real world pilots, which always seems to make for more realistic models.

Not very demanding on the PC performance.




No comments:

Post a Comment