2013-05-01

STMA Sherpa K650T

This is an aircraft I've been waiting for since it was announced. I was right in thinking I'd like it, because it's a good aircraft.





It looks good inside and out, it's fun to fly partly because it has got very good STOL capability.

Since it has a very powerful engine you really have to use ailerons and rudder a lot and think about engine power. Near stall speed I'd like larger ailerons because I don't really like to use full deflections as that means there's no margin left. Not that you need to fly near stall speed as it takes off and lands in short distances anyway.

Not complicated to fly without reading any instructions. A good operators manual (clear, useful and not overly long) is included.

Available here: http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=473

1 comment:

  1. HI Urban, great little review! Many thanks. Really like your site too.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete