2011-09-19

Sukhoi 100 Superjet

What's with all fictional liveries? This Scandianvian I couldn't resist trying out on my new SSJ.
I'm usually not a big fan of jet airliners, but this one's both well made and interesting so I  wanted to try the SSJ out. The implementation of the Airbus style FBW is very well made, as far as I can tell. Perhaps with the exception of ground function, because I don't think it really tries to keep the wings level if you happen to drive on uneven ground (see image below).

To fly this right, you really have to read the manual. It's possible to get into the air anyway, but you're likely to get surprises, lots of surprises. This said, it's not terribly complicated as long as you're satisfied with basic operation, but I really recommend you allocate time to learn it before you start your first take off.

The cockpit is both detailed and complex, so it puts a noticable demand on my PC's hardware, but not to the degree some other do.

Of the many available liveries I choose to fly the Armavia, because it's real and they have the type in service. (This scheme is slightly adjusted by me to match the aircraft put in service.)
On the whole, I like this aircraft and will continue to fly it. More than the months I've already had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment