2011-04-30

RJ85 with 3D cockpit - quick view

This is a very pretty aircraft. And it comes with several Swedish skins and is a type I see almost every day, have flown on between Stockholm and Malmö a few times, so of course I'm interested in it.

But it's not perfect. This is just a quick view, but do read on.
Of the three Malmö skins, none are "regular". All are special in some way as in paid flying adverts and one for the Swedish Soccer Team. This is not how they usually look when go past the ramp at Bromma.
Exteriorly, they're masterpieces. But look at the 2D and 3D cockpits. (Cockpit images neither cropped nor sizereduced.) Graphically they're not consistent. And if I had a choice, I'd always go for a good cockpit.
Performance required for the 3D cockpit is great. I think this is because it's not optimised well, because the object files for this aircraft are larger than anything I've ever seen before. For this reason alone I can't recommend it, because I haven't and will not fly it enough for a recommendation.
What about at night? They do have LIT textures. But it's not easy to see. Worse are the landing light, because they you use during daytime too. One thing is good with their placement and that is that they aren't visible from behind at all, but from the front it looks like they're inside or behind the wing. (And possibly they don't point down enough because it's not until just before the nose wheel is on the ground they illuminate the runway, but I don't know about the real ones, so this might be correct. Or I'm landing them wrong.)

No comments:

Post a Comment