2012-03-03

Avro RJ70 - a quick view


To me, this is a clear improvement over the RJ85 from about a year ago. But, I've got a completely new PC now, so it's not a direct comparision. This is also intended to work in X-Plane 10 which the RJ100 doesn't quite do. In short: This I'll keep in my "active" aircraft folder.


A very useful aircraft because you can operate it from smaller fields than the larger airliners. To me it's an interesting type because I was inside the prototype when there only was a prototype and I've flown with Malmö Aviation a couple of times and I see them almost every day.

Shown above are the Malmö Aviation and Scandinavian skins. I usually select one skin and fly with only that. These two are still not deleted and I've also got the British Airways left to choose from.


The 3D cockpit looks good and is perfectly usable. However, first time I chose that view frame rates dropped to 7 with the settings giving about 30 with many other aircraft, so some adjustment of settings was needed. Well, more thatn just "some", actually.


It's intended to be flown with the 2D cockpit primarily. I don't like sitting between the two pilots' seats and my screen is wider than this panel so I don't get a realistic view of the outside.


Requires a lot of performance. The 500MB download isn't just because there're lots of skins, the objects folder is 119MB which is much more than I've seen for any other aircraft (apart from RJ85).

No comments:

Post a Comment